Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Letter to Symbol Reflection


While using Gimp, what was most frustrating aspect of the program and/or project? (Ex. Gimp Tools, translating sketch to design, creating transitional layers, etc.)
             While working with Gimp on of the hardest parts of using the program was using the Gimp tools because sometimes if you use one of the tools and try to switch to another it would delete your layer design. Also making the smooth transitions was difficult I couldn't master using the copy and paste of the previous layer, so I would have to start from the very beginning in each layer.  It was frustrating because one layer could have taken an entire period so I would have more work for the next class.

After completing the project, which Gimp tools do you feel most confident in using? Explain why.
   I tool that I found to be more useful and I definitely got better at using was the tool that would make the curves. Since I was making an ear I needed the curves, so at the beginning it was confusing but I did get better at using it after Ms. Lee demonstrated different techniques we can use to make circular shapes.
Which Gimp Tool do you wish you were better at using?   Explain why.
A Gimp tool that I want to get better at using is the one where you can make shapes because I think it would have help me more in making my ear then just relying on the single tool.

What would you like to create with Gimp next?
What I would create next is using Gimp to make a small story with just a symbol.

No comments:

Post a Comment